Music Royale Student Spotlight
Meet our first Student Spotlight, Alex Haas, a private music lesson student at Music Royale!
Alex is graduating high school this year! She is attending University of Dayton to pursue music education to fulfill her passion to work with elementary level students. Therefore, we are so excited to see what the future holds for her!
Watch her Student Spotlight interview to hear her inspirational message for new music lesson students.
Watch her interview!
Beyond her dedication to her private music lessons, Alex also developed her voice and passion for music through Music Royale’s Rock School band ensemble program, which she has participated in for many years. In addition to her performance, she and another graduating senior student, Evan Gardner, performed in their group, Salem, for the last time on February 27th with a full 45 min set.
Check out their set. To skip to where Salem starts playing, start the video at 16:22.
This fast-paced program designed for students who are ready to take the stage, takes students beyond the mechanics of learning to play an instrument. Rock School teaches students to play music in the context of a real band. Groups of students with complementary skill levels and musical interests, will have experienced professional musicians as a “coach” to guide them every step of the way.
1. Rock School will consist of a total of 5 sessions, each 90 minutes long, on weeknights and Sundays from Sunday, April 10th through Sunday, May 15th (no rehearsal on April 17th, Easter).
2. A live “gig” at the Good News Church performance space, is the evening of Sunday, May 22nd.
3. The instructors will provide a number of songs for the bands to choose from for the students to perform.
4. Most importantly, attendance is imperative for a successful Rock School experience because each jam-packed, hands-on instruction session depends on the whole band. Missing out will make it harder on your band mates to succeed as well! Please do not apply if you are not available on the performance date.
5. To sum up, Students expectations are to work with their private instructors to learn their assigned parts before that week’s Rock School class.
See the complete list of details on our Registration Form.
Monday - Thursday: 12pm - 8pm
Friday: 12pm - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 12pm - 5pm